10.21.2013

DC II

Woke up late. You can imagine why. Alcohol and allergies.

Booze seems to turn up quite often on this blog, but I have to say, I really don't drink that much. In Providence, I'll drink my allotted shift drink on the nights I work, and, unless I am visiting a certain person, I don't go out on my nights off. I don't keep alcohol in the house.

Regardless. Another walk down Connecticut Avenue. Kramerbooks. City Lights of China. More walking. Metro to Alexandria. Emotions. A profound sense of belonging. A reminder that I had a home. One that I can't return to.

Metro to Pentagon City. Lebanese food. Metro to the hotel. Nap. Nightmare about my job. Walk to U Street. One quick drink at Pilar. One of my closest friends used to work there. She wasn't there. She must have finally moved, like she had been threatening for so long.

Back to Pharmacy. More free drinks. Stone Roses no longer on the jukebox. The thing about Pharmacy is that it is actually for drinkers. They don't try and distract you into thinking that there is any other reason to be in a bar.

Cab back to hotel. The cab driver asked me about living in a cheaper place. I told him that the money scales with the cost of living. He will stay here. He should.

I sent an email to the girl I've been afraid to contact for so long. The account no longer exists.

There's so much more I want to say, but using this device to say it... no way. When I get back north. Yes.

Suffice it to say, there isn't much to life, is there? I want to move back here but I don't know that I should. I don't want this to be all there is.



No comments: