3.19.2013

Dishonesty is what's intriguing...

... , and dishonesty is what keeps me erect.

You realize, of course, that we are just weird animals, right? And that is it! Really! You can look down on religion, I know, of course, why! But, why? Don't you see? I think it's perfectly rational to try and find an understanding. We exist. Why?

I mean, I am typing this on a 2007 iMac. And you know what I mean! 2007! iMac! Pretty amazing! Miraculous. It's not that I believe in god. It's just. Why so much hate for those who do?  Because this is pretty weird, isn't it? What I hate about atheists is that they seem to think that the fact that it all makes no sense is just as sensical as the fact that it does. I mean, really? Like, we can talk about evolution and Darwin and all of that, but I am typing this and you are reading this!

I understand why the idea of telos is so anathema, but I also understand why it is so necessary. We crawled out of the mire for something, right? Not to blow eacb other up, I assume. Big assumption, yes. But not a bad one, really. Amazing that we do, really!

And, as one blip of nothing communicating with others, I must declare the following:

Here, really, after years of The Wire and Spin and Rolling Stone and Bangs and Adorno and Benjamin and Marx and Eagleton and Jameson and slow, patient masturbation, is the best, BEST, record ever made! 'Ere it Iz! REAL-Y!:::::::


Surprised? Me too, really! But! But! There is a doughnut shop in Virginia a few miles outside of DC and I can think of it, I can want to be there, I can wish that I was given a ride there because I never lived within walking distance of it. But it exists! And I can't go there now! What? Really, what? Why not? What are doughnuts and the car that would bring me to them and Virginia? Hmmmmmmm? Fuck! Fuck? Why? Fuck! What is fuck?

No comments: