3.19.2013

I Guess Newtown Wasn't Enough

Kids die all the time anyways, don't they?

Here's a controversial thought. It's long been a trope of those who speak for disadvantaged people of color living in major cities that people, in general, only give a shit when young white kids get killed. Well, not really. Indifference and inaction seem different, and they are, but they both end in the same way.

Oh, and yeah, I know government legislation won't fix anything at the most fundamental level, or even at all, but damn, we can't even do this?

2 comments:

Greyhoos said...

No, apparently we can't. And can't say I'm the least bit surprised.

:-p said...

Me neither but still can't quite bring myself to think "LOL of course not haha".

I think I have been living on the East Coast too long. All the things I dislike about it normally should be an advantage in this situation, right? Like, don't we have all the people, all the liberals, all the schools, all the money?

I know none of that counts for anything when it comes to substantial change. It's more the shock that even the little shit can't happen anymore. Like, even if I wanted to just become a regular-ass Democrat again, I couldn't even count on the Democrats to even be mediocre.